Starting on the home buying process and not sure what to expect from your days ahead?
Jenny Usaj, Employing Broker at Usaj Realty, recently said one of her main tips for home buyers today is to “Book time on your calendar for Friday afternoons to tour homes. I know it’s happy hour and there are so many fun summer events in Denver on Fridays, but it’s also when new inventory comes onto the market. So book out some time for Fridays after work to check out those homes before the weekend gets going.”
Curious about what to expect from your week as you get rolling on the home buying process? See our example of a week in the life of a home buyer below:
Ideally, you will take a tour on a Friday, submit an offer and get it accepted on Saturday! That way on Sunday, you can celebrate getting under contract.
Of course, you may have to counter the offer or unfortunately, in a multiple offer situation, you may lose the offer and have to begin again on Monday, looking for homes to tour. The negotiation process can be stressful and time-consuming, but with a great Realtor by your side, you will succeed!
What can you expect from the timeline of buying a home?
- Be ready to make quick decisions! Homes are selling within a median of just 4 days
- Many new homes hit the market on Thursdays and Fridays, so these are great days to start setting up and going on tours
- Your Usaj Realty broker will know exactly how to write the best possible offer
- Your Usaj Realty broker will communicate effectively and professionally with the listing agent in order to strengthen your offer
- Keep a level head and stay optimistic about the outcome of the process.
Contact us today to learn how Usaj Realty can assist you in finding the home of your dreams.